problem with MACL reader macros for traps used in macros.

I'm having a problem with MACL trap reader macros in MACL2b2.
They work great in executable code I compile.  But when I try to
use (#_symbol . . .) forms in a macro, I get a macroexpander function
that produces expressions of the form (traps::symbol . . .) and the
appropriate traps::symbol gets bound to the appropriate definition AT
THE TIME I evaluate the macro definition.  When I come back later in
a different session of LISP and try to use the previously defined macro,
I have problems because traps::symbol is no longer bound.

I've had no luck trying to get the (traps::symbol . . .) forms
macroexpanded into their more primitive (register-trap . . .)
equivalents at macro definition evaluation time.

I can explicitly call 'require-interface' on every traps file related
to my macro, but this rather undoes the whole purpose of MACL's traps
reader macro.  Has anyone had some better insight than I in using
trap reader macros?

Cris Johnson
Price Waterhouse Technology Centre
68 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025