[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MCL & THINK C Code Resources
- To: Info-MCL@cambridge.apple.com
- Subject: MCL & THINK C Code Resources
- From: "pierce" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 12 Sep 91 18:47:23 U
Does anyone have any example code for running Think C multi-segment code
resources from MCL?
I have successfully built a multisegment code resource that uses A4 addressing
and called it from MCL 2.0 using FF-CALL, but seem to get random bus errors. I
need to see some example code since very simple examples seem to run without
Here is what I'm doing, any suggestions would be appreciated.
1) Open the resource with #_OpenResFile
2) Read in the resource to the main routine with #_GetNamedResource.
2) Lock the resource handle and dereference it.
3) FF-CALL the dereferenced handle and fill the A4 register with it.
The code resource main routine uses the standard header.
It calls a stub function from each segment to force them to be loaded
prior to running its body.
Thanks in advance,
(defmethod load-code-resource ((pathname t) (module-name symbol))
(setf resource (get-named-resource :TCCD (symbol-name module-name)))
(cond ((null resource)
(error "Can't find the ThinkC module ~a ." module-name))
(t (#_DetachResource :ptr resource)
(defmethod run-code-resource ((resource t)) ;;; This assumes the resource
file is currently open.
(cond ((null resource) (ed-beep))
(t (with-dereferenced-handles ((r resource))
(ff-call r :a4 r)))))
I am using the standard header and I call a stub function in each code resource
segment which loads them all