Apple Events to the Finder from MCL

I am trying to send apple events to the finder from MCL and I am having all
kind of troubles.
First there was no constant defined for the class of the finder apple events
which should take the value   'FNDR'. Well, we can get around that.
Then every time the finder gets the wrong parameters, it crashes MCL
and if you try to restart it, it freezes the machine.  That might be a problem
with the Finder not MCL.

But when I try something very simple, such as sending an apple event to the finder
to empty the trash or to show the clipboard, the machine freezes if I am
waiting for a reply, or returns NIL if no-reply is specified. And in both
cases nothing happened. I tried to get an error number or string from the returned reply, but I got a message saying that there is no descriptor.

I am using some of the high level functions defined in the appleevent-toolkit.lisp from the example folder.
 Here is the simple code I used. If you have any pointers, suggestions, or
information on this matter, I would appreciate your input. Thanks,

;;;;;to show the clipboard

 (with-aedescs (theEvent theFinder reply)
    (create-named-process-target theFinder "Finder")
    (apply 'create-appleevent theEvent :|fndr| :|shcl| theFinder ())
  (send-appleevent theEvent reply :reply-mode :wait-reply)
 )

Mamdouh H. Ibrahim,       - Electronic Data Systems
		            Artificial Intelligence Services
                            5555 New King Street
                            P.O. Box 7019
                            Troy, MI 48007-7019