Exerpts of replies received follow:

From:   JIM@GDSTECH.GRUMMAN.COM@INTERNET#
Since my off-handed comment, "There are a number of object-oriented
databases implemented in CLOS." generated a fair amount of interest,
I'll be more specific.  A number of people in image understanding,
including myself, have developed rather narrow home grown CLOS
databases (with facilities for writing data to files and retrieving
it).  These are probably marginal interesting to people with other
applications.

However, a group at RPI has developed a reasonably sophisticated CLOS
based database called ROSE. There are 2 problems with it for the MCL
community. The native language for ROSE is C++.  As a result, the CLOS
version carries extra baggage from the translation and is missing
useful features that could easily be included in LISP.  The other
problem is that it is designed for Unix workstations. I got it to run
under MCL1.3.2, after fairly extensive modifications to the interface
file. I still haven't gotten it to work under MCL2.0b1.(Some
tricks required get around the included CLOS.)  If there are still
interested parties, the person to contact is harrisr@cs.rpi.edu

                                Jim Eilbert

From:   CORNELL@UNIX1.CS.UMASS.EDU@INTERNET#
I looked for OODBs accessible from MCL about 1/2 a year ago and I
failed to find anything. If you discover something would you please
tell me? This is an area that is ripe for products but there are few
I've seen... Thank you.

matt
From:   HOHMANN@CSMIL.UMICH.EDU@INTERNET#
I too am looking for persistent OO databases that can be accessed from
CLOS.

  Please (!) send me any information you might have on such beasts.

  -- Luke
I won't repeat the message from 76326.1723@COMPUSERVE.COM@INTERNET# regarding
Statice under MacIvory as I believe everyone got to read it.

I also got two or three other replies which I don't have handy, but the were
mostly requests for whatever information I find.

Michael Wimble