memory and GC

Is there any documentation regarding the LSIZ resource?  What are the EGC Generation 0, 1, and 2 numbers?  I've increased the first three numbers to accommodate some huge bitmaps, but it still seems to do a GC every time I activate one of the big windows.  Checking (room t) reveals that my changes to LSIZ were overridden.  When the LISP heap *has* to take memory from the MAC heap, is there any way of indicating an ideal size for the MAC heap to stay above?