FInding the System (preferences) folder...

Could someone clue me in on the appropriate way to find the active system
folder? I'm trying to put stuff into the preferences folder and figured
that this was the best way to find it. Thanks very much.

|Curt Stevens   (303) 492-1218 | / |arpa:stevens@sigi.cs.colorado.edu  |
|Univ. of Colorado, Boulder    |o o|uucp:ncar!sigi.cs.colordo.edu!{...}|
|Campus Box 430                |\_/| I contradict myself? Very well, I |
|Boulder, Colorado 80309  USA  |   | contradict myself. - Walt Whitman |