resources

I have been learning lisp with MACL.  But I note that there is
essentially no support for the Resource Manager.  Dialogs and other
windows, for example, seem to always be created on the fly, never
brought in as resources.  I thought the concept of resources and the
Resource Manager was one of the important inovations the Mac brought
to the programming world, and I know that when one creates
applications in Pascal or C, one is always dealing with resources.  So
why is MACL different?  Does MCL support resources? Is there some
reason why one doesn't want them in lisp?

John Doner	doner@aero.org   or  doner@henri.ucsb.edu