Re: window-drag-rect

In article <JAMESJ.91Dec5163148@bert.cs.byu.edu> jamesj@bert.cs.byu.edu (JAMES JEREMIAH WAYNE ) writes:

   (defclass my-window (window) () )

   (defmethod initialize-instance ((self my-window) &rest initargs)
     (declare (ignore initargs))
     (call-next-method)
     (rset (window-drag-rect self) :rect.topleft #@(0 0))
     (rset (window-drag-rect self) :rect.bottomright #@(500 200)))

   (make-instance 'my-window :window-title "Constrained")

   Now try to drag the new window around.  Sure enough, it is constrained in its
   movement by the window-drag-rect, just like it should be.  Now try to drag any
   other Lisp window around (e.g., the Listener window, or a Fred window).  ALL
   of the Lisp windows are constrained by the window-drag-rect!  Surely something
   is wrong here, or am I just guilty of a great misunderstanding of the nature
   of the window-drag-rect?

window-drag-rect is a class slot.
For the record, so are window-grow-rect and window-cursor.

  -andrew