MCL2.0 Events

I'm new to event processing on the Mac. I've read the section in the MCL2.0
documentation on event processing. I understand how the *eventhook* variable is
supposed to work. I've also looked at the Event Manager section of Inside
Macintosh to understand the structure of an event record. What I don't
understand is how to get my application to signal an event so that the function
bound to *eventhook* can process it, as required. I know that this must be easy
and that I've most certainly missed something, but HELP!!

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Robert Burnard
ISX Corporation