callback problem with Notification Manager

I have been using MACL 1.3.2 under system 6.07 and 6.05 on the Mac II
family and on an accelerated SE and have been having the following
problem when I register a callback (using defCcallable) with the
Notification Manager (of course I am running under multi-finder):

If lisp is the second of two applications loaded, starts some task to
process, then gets switched to the background and post a notification
with a lisp callback to get executed once the user clicks in the
Notification Dialog's OK button, the callback runs fine.  However, if
lisp was the first of the two applications launched it bombs out with
an address error?  Any ideas as to what is going on?  Was it fixed in
2.0?

Thanks, bruce.

bruce@ictv.com