MCL loses with NFS/Share (or vice-versa)

I seem to have uncovered a potential incompatibility with NFS/Share
and MCL.

I've tried several times to open source files within MCL which reside
on the NFS-mounted disk. The little box and arrow appear on the menu
bar to show that something is happening, then the machine seems to
freeze solid.  A reboot is necessary -- it isn't possible tor reset
MCL. The problem is totally repeatable.

I don't have this problem with any other applications I have -- they
seem to be able to read from (and write to) the NFS-mounted volume
without problems.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Any ideas as to what might
be going on?  Is MCL's file I/O non-standard in some way?

I'm using MCL 2.0b1p3, NFS/Share 1.1.2, MacTCP 1.1, System 7.0. The
Mac is a IIsi with 5MB.

Thanks in advance, etc...
--
Andy Ormsby	aro@aber.ac.uk  	+44-970-622435
Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Research Group,