[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MCL loses with NFS/Share (or vice-versa)
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: MCL loses with NFS/Share (or vice-versa)
- From: email@example.com (Andrew Ormsby)
- Date: 8 Jan 92 14:03:25 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl, comp.sys.mac.comm
- Organization: CS Dept, University College of Wales, Aberystwyth
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Andrew Ormsby)
- Sender: email@example.com (USENET news service)
I seem to have uncovered a potential incompatibility with NFS/Share
I've tried several times to open source files within MCL which reside
on the NFS-mounted disk. The little box and arrow appear on the menu
bar to show that something is happening, then the machine seems to
freeze solid. A reboot is necessary -- it isn't possible tor reset
MCL. The problem is totally repeatable.
I don't have this problem with any other applications I have -- they
seem to be able to read from (and write to) the NFS-mounted volume
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any ideas as to what might
be going on? Is MCL's file I/O non-standard in some way?
I'm using MCL 2.0b1p3, NFS/Share 1.1.2, MacTCP 1.1, System 7.0. The
Mac is a IIsi with 5MB.
Thanks in advance, etc...
Andy Ormsby firstname.lastname@example.org +44-970-622435
Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Research Group,
Computer Science Dept., University College of Wales.