Re: No support for the MOP

>I'm kind of suprised there is NO support for the Meta Object Protocol in
>Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0:
>
>I tried to do a very simple thing:
>
>? (defclass my-class (standard-class) ())
>#<STANDARD-CLASS MY-CLASS>
>? (defclass class ()
>    ()
>    (:metaclass 'my-class))
>> Error: :METACLASS not implemented yet
>> While executing: DEFCLASS
>> Type Command-/ to continue, Command-. to abort.
>> If continued: Ignore it and go on
>See the RestartsI menu item for further choices.
>1 >
>
>and so that there it was not supported.
>
>Any word on when there will be support for the MOP?

You're right. MCL 2.0b1 has no MOP support.

MCL 2.0 final (which we will be finishing up soon, but please don't ask
for more specifics) has a little more: it supports what is documented
in CLtL2 plus part of the "Introspective MOP". Added features from
2.0b1 (and I may have forgotten something) are
DEFINE-METHOD-COMBINATION, the :METACLASS option to DEFCLASS, the
:GENERIC-FUNCTION-CLASS option to DEFGENERIC, full support of
MAKE-LOAD-FORM & MAKE-LOAD-FORM-SAVING-SLOTS. The 2.0 final manual
documents the "Introspective MOP" as supported.

A complete MOP, probably patterned after the one documented in
"The Art of the Metaobject Protocol", is one of our desired new features
for MCL version 2.1 (still on the drawing board).