Profiling query

I'd like to do some run-time profiling of MCL2 code.  Has anyone
updated the CMU "metering" package to handle MCL2 ?  It appears to
have some MACL-specific constants in the part of the code that
measures consing.  I looked at the disassembly of ROOM, and at the
traps in the MEMORY interfaces file, but without my secret decoder
ring I didn't get far.

What I'd like is either

1) an updated version of "metering" or
2) A function that can be called to return the number of conses used or
3) some other profiler that works with MCL2

Thanks much,

/c