appleevents vs. mcl

Any chance of getting some information on MCL's attitude toward
 AppleEvents?  I notice there is an INSTALL-APPLEEVENT-HANDLER, but is it
 what I am looking for?  And what exactly ARE its arguments anyway?

(I'd like to be able to install a function that handles appleevents, but
 at a little higher level that what is provided by the AE manager.)

Also, is it possible to get a more up-to-date version of the MCL manual?
 I notice from time to time that some sections of the one I have are quite
 out of date.