Re: Info-mcl mail archives

> From: Fen Labalme <fen@us.oracle.com>
>
> How about indexing them with On-Location or, better, providing a
> lisp-based index and search program on the disk?  Does such exist?

I can't promise anything, but it's quite probable. Apple has a site
license for OnLocation, so lately almost all of our CD-ROMs have shipped with
OL indexes on them. I'm not sure I have the time to set up a lisp-based
index/retrieval system, but if you're interested in offering us your services
and a working system, just lemme know. It all comes down to having lots of
spare time, y'know...  :)

By the way, like many System-7-savvy programs, OnLocation responds to
AppleEvents. So without too much trouble, you could hack up lisp functions like
meta-point and apropos to query OL directly (neat, huh?)

I'm pretty sure (but don't quote me yet) that the MCL documentation will be
included, in an online format that should make it relatively easy to search and
browse.