Re: Loop expandability

>I cannot actually answer your question, as I'm not a member of the ANSI XJ313
>committee, nor a member of the MCL 2.0 engineering team.  However, I'm also
>frustrated by that particular limitation of what I think of as the MIT Loop
>macro.  Luckily, we're not the only ones: if you anonymously FTP to
>ftp.ai.mit.edu, in the directory pub/Iterate, you'll find what is, in my
>opinion, a much more elegant and _extensible_ iteration facility for Common
>Lisp, written by an acquaintance of mine, Jonathan Amsterdam.

I could not found the code on ftp.ai.mit.edu, but I managed to get it from
Mark Kantrowitz's archive. I looked at the code and was very impressed with
it.
It looks very elegant and very well programmed. Do you know any place where
could find some documentation about the iterate construct? If you dont,
that
should not be so bad, as learning about it from some nice code should be
fairly easy.

You MCL'ers that want a more elaborate iteration construct that CLtL2's
LOOP,
should definitively have a look at it.

Thanks a lot for the tip.

Guillaume Cartier