[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: (buffer-insert-with-style) help
- From: doug@clarity.Princeton.EDU (Douglas Merrill)
- Date: 28 Jan 92 17:39:56 GMT
- Distribution: comp
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Princeton University Cognitive Science Lab
- Sender: news@Princeton.EDU (USENET News System)
Hi to all...
I'm trying to learn MCL 2.0, and I could use some help with a
function. I'm trying to write to a fred window in different fonts at
different times. I'd like to do this with (buffer-insert-with-style),
but I can't figure out how to call it. It needs a style as the final
argument, which is a simple-array of type signed-byte 16.
OK, now to figure out what the contents of this array should be. So,
let's call (font-codes) on the font I want to use. (font-codes
'("geneva" 0 :bold)) returns 4 values: 196864 65536 -65280 65535.
Great -- but all of those numbers are too large to fit into a
signed-byte 16 (which can only take numbers up to 2^15-1 = 32767,
What am I doing wrong? I can accomplish what I need by changing the
font of the insertion point, writing the string, and then changing it
back, but I don't want to admit defeat :-).
Thanks for your time, and replies will be appreciated greatly.
Cognitive Science Lab