[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: where does mcl fit in?
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Re: where does mcl fit in?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Wayne Folta)
- Date: 15 Feb 92 01:18:55 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: U of Maryland, Dept. of Computer Science, Coll. Pk., MD 20742
- References: <9202140121.AA19199@cambridge.apple.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
"Common Lisp in the ROMs would be even nicer.
"Bill St. Clair
I have wondered for some time why Apple hasn't done this already. I've heard
that Apples ATG uses LISP for most of its research, and the Mac has been a
study in upping the lowest common denominator, so why not? It would have
been especially (insanely?) great if Pink were CLOS-based instead of C++-based.
Don't you Apple guys have any chits to call in with the Quadra developers?
(Or maybe Cambridge could create its own ROMs, with the standard stuff and a
LISP core. I know IIci's have a ROM slot just waiting for such a thing, and I
think there are other machines with such a beast.)
Wayne Folta (firstname.lastname@example.org 188.8.131.52)