Re: bloody warnings !

In article <9202061802.AA29951@cambridge.apple.com> bill@cambridge.apple.com (Bill St. Clair) writes:
>Many people haveexpressed dismay about the elimination of *compiler-warnings*
>and *fasl-compiler-warnings*.
 Here's a little file I put together a while

I am expressing dismay that people want to suppress compiler warnings.
They are there for a purpose.

I have adopted a rule for writing code, one that I follow religiously --
almost fanatically:

  "There will be NO compiler warnings in any code that I produce!"

I believe that my strict obeyance of this rule has saved me countless hours
of debugging time as I work on failry large systems.  I have inherited code
from others that produces pages after pages of warnings, 99.8% which are
harmless.  Invariably, there will be one warning buried in the sea of
harmless ones that goes unnoticed and that will make my life miserable,
sometimes for days at a time.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Pete.