Re: mcl general info request

>Could someone please answer some very general questions about
>mcl for me?  I have a mac+ and am in need of a vanilla common
>lisp interpreter.  What is mcl?  Is it a commercial product?
>Where can I get it?  How much is it?  Can one get a simple
>interpreter without toolbox functions?

Here is an edited version of Mark Kantrowitz & Barry Margolin's
Lisp FAQ list. I have included only descriptions of Lisp & Scheme
implementations that claim to run on the Macintosh. MCL is one of the
described commercial Lisp implementations.

MCL will not run in a 1 Meg Mac plus. It requires at least 2.5 megs,
and will be happier in 4 megs.

Bill St. Clair
bill@cambridge.apple.com