In MACL 1.3.2, when you double-clicked on a Lisp-created text file in
the finder, MCL was launched and the clicked on file was Loaded.
In MCL2.0, the file is Edited.

I rely on the old behavior. It simplifies the user interface for users
adding their own customizations to the application I'm building.

I understand the need to have the new functionality too.
We can come up with a syntax that will give us both capabilites.
The first (and worst) thing I can think of is holding down the cmd or
option key when double-clicking on a file in the finder to be loaded.

Good ideas, anyone?