Re: lisp strings to str255

>>Is there a function in MCL that will convert a string to a str255, or
>>should I just write my own?
>
>The WITH-PSTRS macro usually suffices.
>
>(with-pstrs ((pstr "A string"))
>  ; In the body, PSTR is bound to a stack-allocated
>  ; Pascal string containing "A string".
>  )

I tried the with-pstrs function, but I cannot get it to work.  Here is the
code that I have, it anyone can help.

(defun doit ()
  (rlet ((myrec :aeaddressdesc)
         (mystr :str255))
  (let ((openfile (choose-file-dialog)))
    (with-pstrs ((mystr openfile)))  ;; converts string to str255
    ;;(checkError (#_AECreateDesc #$typeFSS mystr (length openfile) myrec))

  )))

This is supposed to get a file name and convert it to a str255 so that I
can use it in an apple event.   It gets to the with-pstrs and retruns the
following error

> Error: Argument #P"Tsunami: Steve:Steve's Lisp Folder:Eliza.lisp" is not of type SEQUENCE.
> While executing: DOIT
> Type Command-. to abort.
See the Restarts  menu item for further choices.
?>

Anyone got any clues?

Steven Dobbs
sdobbs@ai.uwf.edu
Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
University of West Florida

"The solution to the problem will inevitably change the problem"