Static C Analyzers

I am interested in writing a "program understanding" program in lisp.
The program would parse C or C++ files and then perform static analysis
operations on the resulting parse tree, such as use-def analysis,
procedure call-graphs, etc.

I would like to avoid writing the "uninteresting" portions of this
program, which for me are the actual C parsing operations that create
the parse tree (or symbol table). Does anyone know of any free or commercial
"static analysis" packages that already parse either C or C++?

You can send replies either to this notes group or to me personally,
I will summarize personal replies.

Thanks,
John Matthews