More pathname stuff...

  --> Sorry to flood the net with this stuff, but....

Is this behavior expected?  Is it correct?

? (stringp "Wolverine:MCL 2.0f2;SPIF;Architecture:goal class")
? (pathname "Wolverine:MCL 2.0f2;SPIF;Architecture:goal class")
> Error: "Wolverine:MCL 2.0f2;SPIF;Architecture:goal class" is not a valid namestring
> While executing: CCL::PATHNAME-HOST-SSTR
> Type Command-. to abort.
See the RestartsI menu item for further choices.
1 >

-- According to CLTL2, on pg. 638, I find:
  "The pathname function converts its argument to be a pathname.  The
   argument may be a pathname, a string, or a stream;  the result is always
   a pathname.

  | X3J13 voted in March 1988 not to permit symbols as pathnames <134> and
  | to specify exactly which streams may be used as pathnames."

Thanks for your continued help!

  -- Luke