Re: Re- patching into the standard

> choose-directory-dialog will be in MCL 2.0 final (a little bird told
me).
GREAT!
> > It should have an arg as to whether you see files or not in the
> > scrolling list. In either case, you should not be able to select a
file.
> You won't see files.
The reason I want to see the files is you may need to in order to
identify which dir you want to select. IE I want to select the dir that
contains the MCL application. In some contexts, the files are noise. In
others they're vital information. Let the programmer choose by passing a
bit to choose-directory-dialog

> The dialog will have an Open button and a Select Current Directory
>button.
Is the "Current Directory" the one whose contents are being shown, or
the one that is selected in the scrolling list view? This is the
crux of the ambiguity. I guess I have to play with the dialog to know
whether or not I still think its ambiguous.

What does double-click on a dir in the scrolling list do,
open or return the double-clicked on dir?

Vincent Keunen <scosysv!keunen@milou.nrb.be> has some interesting
notions. I hope he gets to look at the dialog before it hets shipped
too.