UPPER CASE & lower case

>From: wonchul@cattell.psych.upenn.edu (Wonchul Park)
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
>Subject: UPPER CASE & lower case
>
>Well, here is another novice question.
>I have to deal with a case in which both Upper case and
>lower case alterntion has a significant meaning.
>For example, 'Cat', 'CAT', 'cat' and even 'cAt' have to
>be distinguished from each other. The obvious problem is
>that MCL does not recognize this difference.
>Now what should I do to teach this silly machine to recognize
>'T' instead of 't'.
>Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
>

>-- Wonchul

Lisp programs manipulate symbols and strings in very different
ways, so this sounds like you probably should be storing your
data as strings instead.

We've got all your favorite comparison and manipulation operations
on strings, and a lot you probably never thought you'd need.
Check out the chapters on Sequences (ch. 14) and Strings (ch 18)
in Steele's CLtL2 book.