[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Color manager and palette manager
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Color manager and palette manager
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Erann Gat)
- Date: 10 Mar 92 20:45:17 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Sender: email@example.com (Usenet)
I finally figured out _copybits (more or less), but now I need to get a
grip on colors and palettes. I am trying to display an array of 8-bit
numbers as a 256 grey-scale image. I am able to get the array into a
pixmap and thence into a window, but I am baffled by CLUTs and the like.
A few specific questions:
1. Is one supposed to use the color manager or the palette manager to
manupulate colors in a window?
2. Does anyone have any turnkey code to do this?
3. I have two monitors, one color, one monochrome. When the menu bar is
on the monochrome monitor, all window pixmaps appear to have depth 1
even though they display colors properly. This manifests itself when one
copies a color image from a window into a pixmap and then back into a
color window - it comes back with all the color gone. Is this a bug?
Am I overlooking something?
Thanks for the help,