[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: WITH-TEXT?
- From: Ranson <ranson@LANNION.CNET.fr>
- Date: 13 Mar 92 08:45:00 GMT
- Cc: ranson@LANNION.CNET.fr
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 13 Mar 92 08:45:51+0100
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 13 Mar 92 08:45:00 GMT
I'm trying to write a WITH-TEXT macro similar to WITH-PSTRS that would allo-
cate a stack block and stuff a string into it, but without the 255 chars limi-
tations (I don't care about a length byte). Is there a way to do that effi-
ciently? Copying the characters one by one will take ages. I have found an
undocumented function %STR-TO-HANDLE, but I don't want a handle, but a stack
By the way, what happens with WITH-PSTRS when the string is over 255? Crash?