[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Parsing records, reading the manual
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Parsing records, reading the manual
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Christopher Owens)
- Date: 11 Mar 92 19:49:58 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp, comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: University of Chicago Computing Organizations
- Sender: email@example.com (News System)
Well, my previous message about storage allocation of strings was
clearly answered by the CLTL2 manual, which says that "SUBSEQ ALWAYS
ALLOCATES NEW STORAGE" Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.
Some folks suggested using the buffer mechanism of MCL2 if I want to
handle large amounts of text.