Re: Relative Load files

    From: tjohnson@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Todd R Johnson)
    Subject: Relative Load files

    Is there some way or some patch that would let me create load files
    that are relative to the location of the load file? In most Unix CL's
    you can specify files to load relative to the directory you are
    connected to. I would like MCL to load relative to the location of the
    load file that I select from the open file dialog.

Use the variable *loading-file-source-file*, which during a load is
bound to the name of the source file.  I usually define a logical
directory with this variable and then load relative to it:

 (def-logical-directory "lw" (directory-namestring *loading-file-source-file*))