(Q) Changing the default cursor shape

Could someone tell me how I can change the shape of the cursor in an
application? I would be especially interested in how I can do this in MACL
(Mac Allegro Common Lisp) 1.2.2. The problem is that somehow I get a meshy
cursor (you know, the one looks like one of those cereals) which bothers me
since it is not pinpointing as an arrow or a vertical line cursors are.

I tried to do this with ResEdit only to fail. Any help would be very much
appreciated.

John
--
Joung-woo John Kim				joungwoo@mensa.usc.edu