rank novice question

>To: info-mcl
>From: pts@faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU (Paul T. Shannon)
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
>Subject: rank novice question
>
>In one of my first efforts using mcl, I get completely stumped
>on this problem:
>
>(in-package :ccl)
>#<Package "CCL">
>(setq w (make-instance 'window)
>#<WINDOW "Untitled" #x69FB1>
>? (line-to w 5 5)
>
>> Error: Undefined function LINE-TO called with arguments (#<WINDOW
>  "Untitled" #x69F6B1> 5 5)
>
>   etc.
>
>I get the same error evaluating from either the Listener or a fred
>buffer.
>
>I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.  Suggestions welcom.
>
> - Paul Shannon
>   pts@Virginia.edu

It looks like you're missing the (require 'quickdraw) line, which
loads in some stuff from library:QuickDraw.lisp.

Try this out for size, and also look in the "examples" folder
for some more code to steal ideas from.

-------------
(in-package :ccl)

(require 'quickdraw)

(defclass my-window (window) nil)

(defvar *my-window* (make-instance 'my-window :window-title "My Window"))

; This method gets called automatically by the system
; whenever the window needs to be refreshed.
;
(defmethod view-draw-contents ((view my-window))
  (let ((top-left #@(10 10))
        (bot-right #@(100 50)))
    (with-focused-view view
      (set-pen-size view 1 1)