step & trace enhancement for the mcl

I've been using lisp on the NeXT machines and recently have to do some
programming on the mcl.  However I find the STEP and TRACE debugging
macro rather crude on the mcl.  I wonder if it's mentioned in the
manual that there are some other more powerful debugging tools
available.  (I'm using the program running on the server of our schoo.
The consultant said the manual was lost, so there's no way for me to
check it out.)

BTW, are there any ftp sites where they keep a bunch of useful lisp
codes such as a modified TRACE or STEP?

Thank in advance.

/Chen Yu (yu@cs.stanford.edu)