Re: multi-processing in MCL2

>   Currently the MCL environment does not support multi-processing,
>   and therefore CLIM can not support it in the Mac environment.
>
>   I think that there may be some user-contributed code that
>   supports multiple execution threads, but I'm not sure.  You
>   should send mail to the Info-MCL@Cambridge.Apple.COM mailing list
>   asking about multi-processing support.  The MCL implementors
>   currently asked the members of that list for suggestions for the
>   next MCL release (2.1) and I think that process support was
>   mentioned several times.  You might want to add your opinion.
>
>Does such user-contributed code exist that supports multiple execution threads for
>MCL2.0?

I can't imagine anyone managing this without access to the MCL source.
Multiple threads means multiple stacks. Multiple stacks means garbage
collector changes. Mighty tough to reverse-engineer. And thats just one
of the necessary changes.

The good news is that multiple execution thread support is likely
to be high on the list of priorities for MCL 2.1. Lots of people
want them.