Re: transforming time into a list...

>Does anyone out there have a quick and easy way to transform the individual
>elements that the CL function "decode-universal-time" into a list???
>
>John

DECODE-UNIVERSAL-TIME is a function that returns multiple values.
(see section 7.10. of CLtL2)

The construct that enables you to collect multiple values into a
list is MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST.

Ex:
    (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (DECODE-UNIVERSAL-TIME my-universal-time))

NB: Since MCL 2.0, multiple value contructs are resolved syntacticaly
    by the compilator. What this means is that using multiple values
    in your programs, incurs no time or space overhead. You just get
    nice abstraction capabilities.

    Congratulations to the MCL team for this very nice improvement.

* Guillaume Cartier                 (514) 844-5294 (maison)         *
* L.A.C.I.M.                        (514) 987-4290 (bureau)         *
* Universite du Quebec a Montreal   (514) 987-8477 (telecopieur)    *
* Montreal, Quebec, Canada          cartier@math.uqam.ca (internet) *