cell-contents in sequence-dialog-item

Although there is the `cell-contents' function to get the
contents of a cell, in a table or sequence dialog item
given its coordinates, we couldn't find a similar function
for modifying the cell's contents.

We'd be pleased to have some means of doing a kind of

	(set-cell-contents matrix cell new-contents)

or something the like. Without such a function, the only
way around our problem is to set-table-sequence again,
after the corresponding array data structure has been
modified, in order to get the dialog item updated on the
screen. When only one or a few cells change, however, this
procedure takes on a considerable overhead, and the dialog
item blinks on the screen.

Can somebody there give us a hint ?

Gabriel Valiente