New features in MCL 2.0

>  Could someone please tell me what the current version of mcl
>  is?  Last time I know it was 2.0beta and patch level three.
>
>  If the final version is out could you also maybe summarize
>  the MAJOR changes from the beta to the final.  I have not
>  been keeping up as I have had other projects to occupy
>  my time, but I would like to get back up to speed on LISPing
>  ability.

As Bill stated, MCL 2.0B1p3 is the latest available version today.

MCL 2.0 will ship early this summer.  APDA will send an MCL 2.0 update
(including software on 800K disks, a CD-ROM, and printed documentation) to
everyone who purchased MCL 2.0b1 or the MCL 2.0b1 update.  If your mailing
address changed since you ordered MCL 2.0b1, send mail to APDA at
APDA@applelink.apple.com.

Changes from MCL 2.0b1 => MCL 2.0 final include:

   o Ephemeral garbage collector

   o Complete CLOS implementation as documented in CLtL2 plus
     part of the introspective MOP.

   o Complete CLtL2 compatibility including integrated pretty printer

   o Immediate (non-consing) short floats

   o Read only files respected

   o System 7.0 support
      Balloon Help
      Aliases
      AppleEvents

  o  Interface to ToolServer (to drive MPW tools via AppleEvents)

   o New hash table implementation with improved locality, and
     better garbage collection interaction.

   o Greatly improved reference manual

   o Improved and more complete Macintsoh Toolbox interfaces

   o An example application with no Listener.

   o CD-ROM including
     User contributed code
     Info-mcl mailing list archive
     MCL Reference online in DocViewer format
     lots more