Scrolling views

I'm using the scrollers in the library folder in MCL2.0b1 to scroll a window
in which editable-text-dialog-items are drawn. There are several (approx 200)
of these editabletext-dialog-items of varying sizes and containing text. As
is to be expected scrolling becomes horribly slow as the number of these
items increase; and deactivation/activation time when switching to/from
other windows is also slow. Does anyone have any suggestions how I might
speed things up?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Ryan
(SIUC)