[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: process spawning on macs
- To: Bill Spangler <WSST@vms.cis.pitt.edu>
- Subject: Re: process spawning on macs
- From: email@example.com (Bill St. Clair)
- Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1992 12:17:03 -0500
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.COM
>Does anyone know if it is possible to spawn separate processes in mac
>common lisp in a manner similar to 'make-process' in lucid common lisp?
'fraid not, though it is high on our priority list for MCL 2.1.
Sometimes you can get similar behavior with MCL's *EVENTHOOK*.
This allows a short computation to interrupt the top-level.
If you can split what you need to do into small pieces, you
could potentially build a state machine that would execute a
piece at a time this way. Certainly not as easy as MAKE-PROCESS,
but will work for some applications.