[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Smarter disassembler?
- From: Ranson <ranson@LANNION.cnet.fr>
- Date: 19 Jun 92 08:57:00 GMT
- Cc: ranson@LANNION.cnet.fr
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 19 Jun 92 08:58:34+0200
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 19 Jun 92 08:57:00 GMT
Couldn't the disassembler use inside information about how the compiler works,
to add COMMENTS to disassembler listings? I used a Lisp system that did this
a few years ago, and it was very useful. One should have to read the LAP docs
to read disassembler output.
Actually, I was involved in the development of this Lisp system, and this
feature didn't require a lot of work to implement.