[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: App Framework - Stance 1
- To: UK0392@AppleLink.Apple.COM (EHN & DIJ Oakley,BDV), OODL.SIG$@AppleLink.Apple.COM (OODL SIG group address), OODL-SIG-IN@CAMBRIDGE.APPLE.COM
- Subject: Re: App Framework - Stance 1
- From: ALGER@AppleLink.Apple.COM (Alger, Jeff,VCA)
- Date: 25 Jun 92 20:35 GMT
- Cc: INFO-MCL@CAMBRIDGE.APPLE.COM
Howard and other OODL friends,
My advice is to steer clear of Bedrock for the time being and focus on MCL.
Bedrock is still in a very primitive state and Apple's plans for it aren't much
further along. It is stuck with the limitations of C++, and it isn't due until
"the first half of next year" (that means June 31, in the words of an associate
:). So, what can we do with MCL in the meantime?
I agree that CLIM has to be an ingredient in the soup, as does Dylan. Exactly
in what proportions I'm not sure, but the demand is clear.