Changing icons (system 7 only)

   Date: Mon, 29 Jun 92 07:16:30 PDT
   From: <@uunet.UU.NET:benjii!chris> (Chris Rosebrugh)

   has anyone found a relatively easy way to
   deal with creating (and keeping up to date)
   new app and document icons for saved images
   of MCL?

   right now i save the image, then use resedit
   to change the icons, the creator and file
   types to be what i want for my app.
   additionally, i need to restart and update
   the desktop to get the icons to show up.

   i'm sure there are easier ways to do this
   stuff all in code, but before i dig into
   Inside Mac, has anyone else come up with
   slick ways of dealing with this?

   thanks.

Chris:

A neat feature of system 7 (sorry, no equivalent that I know
of in system 6) is the ability to cut/paste icons from the
GET INFO dialog box. Bring up GET INFO on some file, click on
the icon, and do a cut and/or paste.

Charlie S. Lindahl
Automation and Robotics Research Institute
University of Texas at Arlington
Internet EMAIL: lindahl@cse.uta.edu

Texas: where the men are men and the women are mayors!

Disclaimer: My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer.