window-hardcopy for 'window

Does anyone have a definition for the following function?

(defmethod window-hardcopy ((self window) &optional (print-dialog? t))
   ...)

I was told that when Apple tried to update the definition in MACL 1.2,
the "straightforward conversion failed in some strange way". I tried it
myself, and sure enough, I crashed MCL (although it got past set-view-wptr
before hanging, so it was fairly deep in).

I don't need to hardcopy dialog items; I just need a method that works
on standard QuickDraw calls (_LineTo, _FrameRect, etcetera). Any code
or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Greg Wilcox
wilcox@cmns.think.com
Arthur D. Little, Inc.