using Sequence-dialog-items

I have a quick question, I'm trying to use a "sequence-dialog-item"
(as provided by the Interface Tool's palette).  The problem comes
when I try to figure out which cell the user has clicked in (i.e.
which cell is selected).  While some of the table-dialog-item's
methods work for this class (i.e. table-dimensions), other very
important ones (such as  cell-select, cell-selected-p, and
cell-deselect) don't.  Although the docs indicate that this
class is derived from table-dimensions, I can't figure out an
easy way to query it to find which item is selected (let alone
responding to a double click)

      Jeffrey