What Mac should I get to run MCL 2.0?

I'm shopping for new Mac, mainly on which to run MCL. I'd like your
input on how much Mac I need to run it comfortably.

What's the minimum memory you'd recommend? How about If I want to run
System 7.0 too? Minimum disk space?

A Mac LC II seems attractive in terms of price. Does anyone have
any experience doing CL development on this machine?

In an earlier post, someone alluded to memory managment hardware that
the ephemeral GC can utilize. What is the minimal Mac that has this
hardware? Does it make much of a difference?

Is a floating point co-processor desirable?

Is MCL development practical on a Powerbook? What model?

What's a good CD-ROM drive?

Thanks,
--
Tim Moore                    moore@cs.utah.edu {bellcore,hplabs}!utah-cs!moore
"Wind in my hair - Shifting and drifting - Mechanical music - Adrenaline surge"