[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Startup conflicts
- From: email@example.com (Ed Luwish)
- Date: 11 Aug 92 19:08:21 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Digital Equipment Corporation
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ed Luwish)
- Sender: epl@scrchy (Ed Luwish)
I hoped that by this time I would have an esoteric LISP question to ask, but
I can't get past the starting gate...
I was able to get MCL 2.0 Beta to run beautifully, but 2.0 Final exits
with a status of 7. I turned off all my inits except for my Init Manager (the
one from Baseline Publishing) and had the same failure. If I booted with the
shift key down (i.e. no inits whatsoever including the Init Manager) I got a
Listener window and a full menu bar, but also a warning that I had insufficient
memory (I guess "no inits" also means "no virtual memory"). I have a IIci
with 4MB of RAM, no cache card, running System 7.0 (plus the TuneUp). I got
my MCL 2.0 folder directly from the CD-ROM. I had the same problem regardless
of whether ptable was installed.
Does anyone out there have a clue? Does anyone have the right init
manager that allows MCL to come up gracefully?
Save me from having to program in C!