ARRAY info

Dear MCLers:
     Is there any way that I can store data  _about_  a MCL array
_in_  (or "in association with") the same array, without actually
using an array element as the storage site?  I would like to be
able to save both the array and this associated data whenever I
write the array to disc.  What I have in mind is something like
Symbolics' :leaderlist  keyword in their version of  (make-array
...).  If at all possible, I would like to avoid using displaced
arrays to accomplish this.  Thanks for any insights,
          Ray Lee