double letters

>Date: Mon, 14 Sep 92 09:15:33 GMT
>From: Stefan Schmiedl <schmied@pentheus.mi.uni-erlangen.de>
>To: info-mcl@cambridge.apple.com
>Subject: double la etters
>
>I have received two copies of Stefan Strassmann's reply
>to my letter concerning email and ftp. Both contain the
>same message but have been sent on slightly different ways:
>
>Could some wizard@cambridge.apple.com cast a spell to prohibit sending
>messages twice?

You received two copies because I addressed my response
to you directly (to make sure you received it), as well as to
the info-mcl list (in case others found the information useful.)

Unix's sendmail is too stupid to realize that you were also
a subscriber to info-mcl, so it delivered two copies to you.

In general, you should not receive any double copies from info-mcl
mail which is not addressed specifically to you, such as this one.

 - steve