Re: Question about cursor resources.

>Hello my dear invisible readers,
>
>MCL2.0 provides some cursors resources in the form of variables.  I
>believe they are *arrow-cursor*, *watch-cursor* and *beam-cursor*.  My
>question is what do I need to do to create my own cursor.  I have an
>some code that uses function VIEW-CURSOR to change the shape of the
>cursor according to the area of the view that the mouse passes over.
>I would like to create a cursor that identifies a pop-up menu
>sensitive area.
>
>I would appreciate any comments.  Thank you in advance.

The usual way to do this is to use a resource editor, e.g. ResEdit to
create a cursor resource, then import the resource using the resource
manager (high level versions of which are in the file
"ccl:library;resources.lisp"). You should create the cursor with
a DEF-LOAD-POINTERS form so that it will be reloaded in a saved
application (objects in the Mac Heap are not saved by SAVE-APPLICATION).

I sent out an example last week showing how to define a cursor
completely in Lisp, but I don't advise that method.