problem

Dear Colleagues:

In a program I was using written in Allegro the function
"%put-long" was perfectly happy accepting a pointer as a data
argument.  In MCL 2.0 the same is not true or at least the
same pointer is not true (i.e. this pointer is apparently
not capable of being coerced to a 32 bit number).  The error
reads: value "pointer info in here" is not of the expected
type NUMBER.

I am not at home with this low-level stuff.  If there is a
simple way around this problem I would greatly enjoy hearing
it.

Thanks,